OCCASIONS

The "L.CARLOS FLORIST, INC." sign has already been considered art of the permanent landmark along Taft Avenue. An addendum in the sign says; "Since 1911" prompts the reader to ponder how an apparently simple business can survive World War II, the ups and downs of the national economy, the changes in political administration and the ever-increasing competition.

"L.CARLOS" was actually named after the founder, Lorenza Carlos, an enterprising lady who started peddling flowers in 1911 at the Mehan Garden in Old Manila which is now the site of the Metropolitan Theater. Mrs. Lorenza Carlos pioneered the professional flower selling business in the Philippines. Undaunted by the temporary stoppage of her business during World War II, she relentlessly pursued her floral interests in 1946 by opening a shop at the busy Evangelista Street near the Quiapo Church which was then the convergence area of Catholics in Manila. Because of its strategic location and reliable service, the floral business literally bloomed. In five years, L.CARLOS was to able to acquire its own lot along Taft Avenue corner Escada.

At present, L.Carlos stands prominently at its permanent address in Taft Avenue, Manila. Its is a member of the Florists Transworld Delivery (FTD). An international organization exclusively for reputable flower shops all over the world.

From a simple flower peddling stall, L.Carlos has metamorphosed into a corporation. It has branched out to Real Estate building and leasing -- C&R de Guzman Realty, Inc.

Indeed, L.Carlos has beautifully blossomed through the years.

     OTHER LINKS

      WE ACCEPT